Manufacturing and Process Plant – Design
No manufacturer in South Africa needs to be reminded of the significant decline in the manufacturing industry over the past 20 years. While many are calling for and hoping for government initiatives to improve the situation, there is wide-spread agreement that the only long-term sustainable solution is achieving global competitiveness. OneSolve Fusion Experience
South Africa is known for product innovation – the ‘what it does’ part of the equation. However, when it comes to global competitiveness, quality, reliability and cost – the ‘how it is made’ part of the equation – become the defining competitiveness factor. While we need to design innovative products to be competitive, we also need to make better products less expensively.
This requirement is forcing South African manufacturers to seek out new production materials, methods and processes, together with cost reductions wherever possible. Recent advances in both the traditional subtractive – and the newer additive manufacturing methodologies – have completely changed the potential for South African manufacturing on the world stage: Barriers to entry have dropped considerably. New, small innovators are now able to bring new products to market at reasonable cost, while long-established firms can reinvent production processes to compete on both the quality and cost fronts.
Over the next few months, we will be running a series of OneSolve Fusion Experience workshops where you and your key team-members will be able to experience the future of manufacturing first-hand. We invite you and your team to choose a date that suits you and join us – absolutely free of charge – where you will experience:
- Autodesk Fusion 360 – the next generation of design, simulation and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) technology – all fully-integrated within a single, inexpensive offering:
Quickly iterate on design ideas with sculpting tools to explore form, and modelling tools to create finishing features and assemblies.
Engineer and Simulate
Test fit and motion; perform linear static stress, modal frequency, thermal and thermal stress simulations; or generate photo-realistic renderings and animations.
Create up to 3-axis CNC toolpaths to machine components; use the 3D print workflows to set up for 3D printing directly from within Fusion 360; or document your design via traditional 2D drawings.
- Autodesk Fusion Team – the next generation of design collaboration and data sharing technology – enabling teams to collaborate on the project, regardless of location or what device they are using.
- You will also learn about the wide range of other services and technologies offered by Modena OneSolve that are helping South African manufacturers become more competitive and profitable.
OneSolve Fusion Experience Workshops:
- Friday 19 August 2016. 13H00 to 15H00.
Friday 16 September 2016.
Friday 14 October 2016. 13H00 to 15H00.
- Modena Training Centre, 26A Wessels Road, Rivonia, Sandton.
- Cost and Registration:
The workshops are FREE, but registration is essential as places are limited.