AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
3D Plant Design Software for Everyday Projects Design, model, and document process plants with AutoCAD® Plant 3D software. Built on the familiar AutoCAD® software platform, AutoCAD Plant 3D brings modern 3D design to plant designers and engineers. Specification-driven design and standard parts catalogs streamline the placement of piping, equipment, and support structures. Integrated AutoCAD® P&ID software functionality enables you to create and edit P&IDs and reconcile underlying data with the 3D model. Generate and share isometrics, orthographics, and other documents. AutoCAD Plant 3D is included in the Autodesk® Plant Design Suites.
- Workspace – Purpose-built user interface for 3D plant design.
- Specifications and catalogs – Spec-driven technology and standard parts catalogs (ANSI/ASME (B16) and DIN/ISO). Modify catalogs to meet project requirements.
- Piping, equipment, and structure – Model spec-driven pipelines and components semiautomatically or manually. Includes a customizable library of standard equipment elements. Externally reference or parametrically create structural elements.
- Identify interferences.
- Construction documents – Generate accurate isometrics, orthographics, and other documents.
- Search and report – Query and manipulate data. Generate materials reports. Export to PCF files.
- AutoCAD P&ID integration – Integrated functionality enables data consistency.
- Autodesk Navisworks compatibility – Seamlessly perform whole-project review.
- Spec converter – Import specs from other applications.