Introduction to the Executive Business of BIM training
What is BIM and is it relevant to me? How do I go about it and what will it cost me? These are all questions on many lips in today’s construction sector, and in this module we intend to answer at least some of those questions and hopefully several others that you possibly have or have not thought of yet, but should.
That said, this is not a definitive guide to BIM and we will not attempt to answer all the possible questions which may arise relating to a BIM adoption strategy but we hope at least, to guide people towards knowing what questions they should ask when defining one.
Topics Covered in this course:
- What is BIM and what does it mean?
- Is BIM for you?
- How to get started with BIM adoption?
- BIM Industry Drivers
- BIM Terminology and Principles
- The different dimensions of BIM
- The Benefits and Implications of Adopting BIM
- BIM Standards and Protocols
- Team and Workflow Changes
- Implications on Fee and Deliverables
- Contract and Insurance Issues
- Overview of BIM Tools
- Deliverables of BIM
- Managing the Process