26 Wessel Road, Rivonia,
Available Training course dates
- 12 February 2024
Need custom training or have a question?
Revit Structure Advanced
The Autodesk Revit software is a powerful Building Information Modelling (BIM) program that works the way structural draughtsman think. The program streamlines the design process by using a central 3D model, where changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets. The main objective of Modena’s Revit Structure Advanced Training is to give participants an in-depth understanding of the techniques and tools required to create and detail complex designs using Revit Structure.
This course builds on the principles introduced in the Revit Structure Fundamentals course, covering a broad range of advanced topics. Delegates are given the opportunity to complete a series of hands-on exercises to learn about site design, phasing and design options, advanced detailing techniques and creating families of customised objects and components. The training also covers the features of the software that allow users to collaborate with team members, producing professional looking designs that achieve their intended objectives.
Enquire about this course.
- 1 – Select a course date from the “Course Dates dropdown list.
- 2 – Fill in all fields in the form below.
- 3 – Click the “ADD TO CART” button.
- 4 – You will get redirected to the Cart Summary page where you can edit your order if you need to.
- 5 – Click the “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” button.
- 6 – Click the “PLACE ORDER” button to order your training course. No payment is required. We will contact you regarding your order.
- Refresh on Revit Structure Fundamentals.
- Creating Custom Templates and Title Blocks.
- Project Setup and Managing Coordinates.
- Linking, Importing and Exporting Models.
- Project Team Collaboration.
- Considering Design Options and Alternatives.
- Site Designs.
- Advanced Scheduling Options.
- Introduction to the Principles of Family Editing.
- Nesting Families and shared parameters.
- Creating Parametric Trusses.
- Advanced Family Creation Techniques.
- Creating Custom Steel Connections and Detailing.
- The Structural Analytical Model.
- Applying motion to existing assembly constraints using Motion and Transitional Constraints.
- Introduction of the Top-Down Design technique for creating assemblies and its components.
- Tools for Top-Down Design, such as associative links, adaptive parts, multi-body and layout design, derived components, and skeleton models.
- Creating Positional Representations to review motion, evaluate the position of assembly components, or document an assembly in a drawing.
- Using Shrinkwrap and other model simplification tools to create a part model that represents an overall assembly.
- Creating Level of Detail Representations to reduce the clutter of large assemblies, reduce retrieval times, and substituting models.
- Using the Design Accelerator to easily insert standard and customizable components and features into your model.
- Creating rendered realistic images and animations of parts and assemblies using Autodesk Inventor Studio and the Video Producer.
- a Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows, file navigation and an understanding of Architectural terminology is an asset fundamental understanding of drafting concepts.
- Access to the 2021 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this course. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this course. The practices and files included with this course are not be compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2020).
Exams and Certifications
- Autodesk Certified Professional Exam
- Autodesk Certified User Exam
Who should attend
- Structural Engineers, Technologist, Technicians, Detailers and Draughtsmen